Dr. Rajendra Prasad
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals , New Delhi, India
2 working days
Dr. Rajendra Prasad is a Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon and is the Medical Director of the Indian Head Injury Foundation. He also helps run two rehabilitation enters in India – New Delhi and Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
Dr. Prasad has performed more than 3100 brain & spine operations at the Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi in the last 18 years this includes 1400 brain surgeries and 1700 spinal surgeries. The most common procedures performed includes cervical discectomy and fusion (600), lumbar discectomy and laminotomy for canal stenosis (700). Dr. Prasad introduced cervical and lumbar radiofrequency rhizotomies at Apollo Hospital and has performed 120+ of these procedures in the last 3 years.
In 2007, he took over as the first Hon. Executive Director of the Indian Head Injury Foundation (IHIF) and subsequently became the first Medical Director in 2013. They conduct yearly workshops on neuro-rehabilitation and run help run the two rehab centres in New Delhi and Jodhpur. I have conceived, developed and personally supervised all the above activities.
Additionally, he is the Founder-Chairman of the Primary Trauma Care Foundation, New Delhi. They conducted the first Primary Trauma Course on behalf of PTC U.K. in September 2005, since then we have conducted 50 doctor’s courses and one Paediatric Trauma Course. We have modified the PTC course for “First Responders” and have conducted several courses for traffic policemen.
Dr. Prasad has also served as an Executive Committee member of the Association of Spine Surgeons of India and founder Vice–President of the Delhi Spine Society of which he is the immediate past President.
- Fellowship of Royal College of Surgeons, Neurosurgery - Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, 1995
- Fellowship of Royal College of Surgeons, Surgery- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow, 1983
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) - Ranchi Medical University,
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India - Life Member
- Neurological Society of India - Life Member
- Delhi Spine Society - Past President & Founder
- Primary Trauma Care Foundation U.K., India - Founder Chairman
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow - Fellow
- Intercollegiate Specialty Board in Neurosurgery ( U. K) - Fellowship
- Indian Head Injury Foundation - Hon. Medical Director
- Surgical Team of the Year - British Medical Journal (BMJ), October 2014
- Successfully undertook world's first robotic spinal surgery to help a 10 year old boy with bone destruction as a result of spinal tuberculosis.
- Healthcare Advocacy - British Medical Journal (BMJ), 2015
- Finalist BMJ awards for South Asia 2015- Recognizing excellence in South Asian Healthcare representing Indian Head Injury Foundation.